The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
Los Angeles: Trayvon Martin march takes over Beverly Hills, July 17, 2013.
Bottom photos: Solidarity from restaurant workers, and Patrons of the Four Seasons looking uncomfortable as the march passes. Priceless.
Watch Martin Bashir Sum Up The Trayvon Martin Travesty In Under 4 Minutes
Demonstration by Keefe St bridge in Milwaukee. Justice for Trayvon.
here’s some vine videos from my friend katie
https://twitter.com/tinyplants/status/356595927164780544 - after the police shot bean bags into the crowd and we started backing off
https://twitter.com/tinyplants/status/356610728892964864 - the march continues
she’s posting more updates, she’s still there ! who knows how long it will go
Protesters for Trayvon Martin in LA take the 10 Freeway. Absolutely amazing. via TheeBeePee
A protester is arrested on the 10 Freeway after demonstrators angry at the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin walk onto the freeway stopping highway traffic. (Robyn Beck, AFP/Getty Images / July 14, 2013)
Thousands in Time Square rallying against the injustice of Trayvon Martin.
They marched 30 blocks to Time Square and staged a massive sit-in that has halted all traffic.